Wi XPHome Cofig Start/programs Menu

August 16, 2004 7:52:35 PM

Hi All,
I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
XP Pro it seems to me)

Simon
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 12:37:24 PM

Hi Simon,

Right-click Taskbar and choose Properties.
Click Start Menu tab and click Customize (Classic Start Menu)
Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"JS" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi All,
I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
XP Pro it seems to me)

Simon
August 18, 2004 12:05:38 AM

That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh
--
Simon

In article <u4TcSdAhEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...

> Hi Simon,
>
> Right-click Taskbar and choose Properties.
> Click Start Menu tab and click Customize (Classic Start Menu)
> Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus"

Hi All,
I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
XP Pro it seems to me)

Simon

That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh

Simon