Wi XPHome Cofig Start/programs Menu

Hi All,
I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
XP Pro it seems to me)

Simon
3 answers Last reply
More about xphome cofig start programs menu

    Hi Simon,

    Right-click Taskbar and choose Properties.
    Click Start Menu tab and click Customize (Classic Start Menu)
    Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "JS" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    Hi All,
    I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

    As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
    after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
    software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
    the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
    screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

    Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
    opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
    XP Pro it seems to me)

    Simon

    That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh
    --
    Simon

    In article <u4TcSdAhEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...

    > Hi Simon,
    >
    > Right-click Taskbar and choose Properties.
    > Click Start Menu tab and click Customize (Classic Start Menu)
    > Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus"

    Hi All,
    I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

    As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
    after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
    software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
    the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
    screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

    Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
    opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
    XP Pro it seems to me)

    Simon

    That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh

    Simon

    You're welcome Simon.

    --

    That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh
    --
    Simon

    In article <u4TcSdAhEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    ramesh@nojunkmails.com says...

    > Hi Simon,
    >
    > Right-click Taskbar and choose Properties.
    > Click Start Menu tab and click Customize (Classic Start Menu)
    > Uncheck "Use Personalized Menus"

    Hi All,
    I have an annoying problem (to me that is).

    As a new user of XP Home, I note that the list of programs etc presented
    after Start/Programs/ always comes up with a short list of installed
    software that requires expansion to see the whole thing by clicking on
    the double V icons at the bottom. This list is NOT too long for the
    screen. This also occurs in sub-menus after "Programs"

    Question: Is it possible to have the whole list presented at each
    opening rather than the shortened one? (I did not have this annoyance in
    XP Pro it seems to me)

    Simon

    That's done it!! Thank-you Ramesh

    Simon