Sign in with
Your question

Would overclocking be a solution for my setup ?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 10, 2012 6:12:07 AM

This is my setup

2 Quad 2.4GHz
8800GTX
2x 2G RAM DDR2
Windows Vista 32bit (upgrading to windows 7 very soon)

So I,m wondering if overclocking and then buying the cooling I'll in order to not se my PC melting down could make this set-up working or I should just be saving to upgrade it ?

So far the only game I realy play and have problem with is SWTOR but I still run it with everything maxed but without AA on a 1000-1600res. I'm getting an AVG of 30FPS but sadly I'm starting out lagging a bit in PvP or in crowded area.
a b K Overclocking
January 10, 2012 10:12:54 AM

You are better off with a new PC and get a good graphics card.

DDR2 is out dated. You are going to Win7 anyway.
m
l
a c 126 K Overclocking
January 10, 2012 10:38:28 AM

It doesnt seem like you need that much of a performance boost, a mild overclock may be just what it needs.
If your using the stock cooler then you can still get a mild overclock, so your not spending any money and so can still save for upgrades.

Have a look at some guides :) 
m
l
January 10, 2012 11:24:27 PM

Rustyy117 said:
It doesnt seem like you need that much of a performance boost, a mild overclock may be just what it needs.
If your using the stock cooler then you can still get a mild overclock, so your not spending any money and so can still save for upgrades.

Have a look at some guides :) 

Yeah I guess I could always give it a try. Since I don't play any DX11 game yet I'm trying to hold on this computer till this summer at least.
m
l
!