Having problem connecting my pc to the tv

Flamekorn

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
I bought a Medion pc last year together with an LG 32inc tv. I link them up via HDMI and both work fine together for an year until a friend of mine asked if he could connect hes laptop to the tv. After that I can't get the tv to reconize the pc. Can anybody help?

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Is the TV the only screen you're using for the computer, or are you running a separate monitor plus the TV? If you're running two monitors, plug in both screens and reboot your computer. Afterward, check your display properties to see if both screens are being detected. Activate the secondary monitor (TV) if it isn't already.

AeonsDead

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Do you know what kind of graphics card you have? Have you checked the advanced options for display in the control panel?

Flamekorn

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
To Skolpo: No I bought the pc just to work with the tv, and that is what always have done. It has never been conected to any other monitor.

To avartar_raq: Tryed that and it didnt work

To aeonsdead: The problem is I dont have any other monitor.. The tv was the only monitor I have ever used with this pc.. when I bought it I installed it again to make sure windows vista detected it as the primary monitor. And I havent touched the configuration since. Now I don't even seen the bios.

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Have you tried booting the computer on and leaving it alone for about 5 minutes? It probably isn't setting the TV as the primary monitor but a screen should pop up once it boots to your desktop.