When do the ATI 5850 or 5870 special coling versions come

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 18, 2009 1:11:16 PM

When does the 5850 vapor-x card come for example, because the reference cards are way 2 loud.

More about : ati 5850 5870 special coling versions

October 18, 2009 2:39:39 PM

To be honest, the vapor-X cooling design that Sapphire has been using isn't much quieter. We should see them in Novmeber, you must keep in mind that supply of the stock versions are quite low right now.
October 18, 2009 3:41:58 PM

which is the quiet then?

besides wtaer cooling which im afraid to do, cauz my neighbor had WC and a tube broke destroyed the whole system.
Related resources
December 17, 2009 8:58:46 PM

Some disappointing news for anyone awaiting the possibility of a Sapphire 5850 vapor-x, see email from Sapphire's tech dept below:

From: tech@althonmicro.com

Subject: RE: release date for ATI 5850 vapor-x?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

Tech

Sapphire Technology
Tech Support Center

280 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
Fax. 1-909-594-9771
www.sapphiretech.com

December 17, 2009 9:00:24 PM

From: tech@althonmicro.com

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

Tech

Sapphire Technology
Tech Support Center

280 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
Fax. 1-909-594-9771
www.sapphiretech.com

December 17, 2009 10:57:34 PM

Well at least the 5870 has a vapor-x version. It might not be too much quieter but its a lot cooler.
December 17, 2009 11:01:15 PM

rescawen said:
When does the 5850 vapor-x card come for example, because the reference cards are way 2 loud.

are you sure it's loud?

my 5770 is pretty quiet compared to the passive cooled 4350 i had in the case previously. I assume the 5850 is similar (cooling solution). and prob only loud running full steam in which case the sounds from the game will drown it out anyway.
December 17, 2009 11:37:01 PM

I'm more curious to know when a 5870 Toxic or Atomic will come out...
!