    From: tech@althonmicro.com

    Subject: RE: release date for ATI 5850 vapor-x?
    Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

    No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

    Tech

    Sapphire Technology
    Tech Support Center

    280 Paseo Tesoro
    Walnut CA 91789
    Fax. 1-909-594-9771
    www.sapphiretech.com
  4. Some disappointing news for anyone awaiting the possibility of a Sapphire 5850 vapor-x, see email from Sapphire's tech dept below:

    From: tech@althonmicro.com

    Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:40:56 -0800

    No there are no VaporX HD5850 in the works in our product line.

    Tech

    Sapphire Technology
    Tech Support Center

    280 Paseo Tesoro
    Walnut CA 91789
    Fax. 1-909-594-9771
    www.sapphiretech.com
  5. Well at least the 5870 has a vapor-x version. It might not be too much quieter but its a lot cooler.
  6. rescawen said:
    When does the 5850 vapor-x card come for example, because the reference cards are way 2 loud.

    are you sure it's loud?

    my 5770 is pretty quiet compared to the passive cooled 4350 i had in the case previously. I assume the 5850 is similar (cooling solution). and prob only loud running full steam in which case the sounds from the game will drown it out anyway.
  7. I'm more curious to know when a 5870 Toxic or Atomic will come out...

Graphics Cards ATI Graphics