Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Acer "x3810" Low Profile Graphics Card "HELP"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 18, 2009 3:55:44 PM

oke well here is everything that my System information says:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire X3810

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date AMI P01-A3, 5/26/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"

Time Zone Central Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.96 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.45 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.14 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.32 GB

Page File Space 4.26 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Name Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E22&SUBSYS_02501025&REV_03\3&11583659&0&10

Adapter Type Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Adapter RAM 1.76 GB (1,894,344,704 bytes)

Installed Drivers igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll

Driver Version 7.15.10.1666

INF File oem17.inf (iEGL0 section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1600 x 900 x 59 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xFE400000-0xFE7FFFFF

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000DC00-0x0000DC07

IRQ Channel IRQ 16

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys (7.15.10.1666, 9.80 MB (10,276,352 bytes), 4/8/2009 11:17 PM)


Name Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E23&SUBSYS_02501025&REV_03\3&11583659&0&11

Adapter Type Not Available, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Adapter RAM Not Available

Installed Drivers igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll

Driver Version 7.15.10.1666

INF File oem17.inf (iEGL1 section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries Not Available

Resolution Not Available

Bits/Pixel Not Available

Memory Address 0xFE300000-0xFE3FFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys (7.15.10.1666, 9.80 MB (10,276,352 bytes), 4/8/2009 11:17 PM)

*Update*
Power supply: 220 watts T^T its small
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok That is all my info and i would to add a new hd graphics card to my desktop i have 1 open space and i have no idea what one to get all i want is the best one available for me the max i want to spend would be oh $250.00 or so so anything under that plus i want to upgrade my 2 open ddr3 ram slots with two 2gb ddr3 sticks so i hope i can get some help ^^ thank you ^^.
a c 141 U Graphics card
October 18, 2009 5:19:58 PM

before making any GPU upgrade you might have to replace your PSU first.
October 18, 2009 5:31:06 PM

renz496 said:
before making any GPU upgrade you might have to replace your PSU first.


ok in the tower it says 220-240 watts
Related resources
a c 165 U Graphics card
October 18, 2009 5:53:26 PM

The problem is that slim case. Unless you can find a more powerful PSU your upgrade options will be savagely limited.
Even so, this is the most powerful slimline card around:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It's no Crysis crusher but will play well enough at moderate resolutions.
October 18, 2009 6:46:17 PM

coozie7 said:
The problem is that slim case. Unless you can find a more powerful PSU your upgrade options will be savagely limited.
Even so, this is the most powerful slimline card around:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It's no Crysis crusher but will play well enough at moderate resolutions.



awesome its awesome !! thank you ^^
October 23, 2009 12:54:31 AM

i just got the new gfx card in the mail and guess what !!! my case is to small T^T now that means i cant use it till i get a bigger case or cut space into my current case lol...gahh so annoying + how do i plug it in for the power to the fan i think im gonna have to run a separate power block cause the one i have in the pc has to extra connections T^T and there plugged in to my motherboard lol...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 10:39:58 PM

denkikoiji said:
i just got the new gfx card in the mail and guess what !!! my case is to small T^T now that means i cant use it till i get a bigger case or cut space into my current case lol...gahh so annoying + how do i plug it in for the power to the fan i think im gonna have to run a separate power block cause the one i have in the pc has to extra connections T^T and there plugged in to my motherboard lol...


The only Graphics card that you can safely use with Acer Aspire X3810 is the Geforce 220 GT. (This info comes directly from the manual for that PC).
!