My thoughts on a triple panel display for my (soon to be) 5870

grither

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I am getting a new system shortly and am trying to find 3 monitors for my new 5870. One at least has to have display port in order to have the 5870 support 3 at once.

I am thinking of getting one Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP which is well reviewed and has display port. also, it can rotate 90degrees upright which I would love for reading my comics on screen!

Then for the other 2 monitors (right and left), I was thinking of the much cheaper, but more poorly reviewed Dell S2409W. I know this is not as quality as the ultrasharp, but thought as my secondary and third monitors, I could probably sacrifice a bit of quality for price.

I can do all 3 for about 1100 Canadian total. Interestingly costco has the ultrasharp for 629 (dell has for 699) but Dell has the S2409W's for 249 (compared to Costco's 349!). Weird but obviously would get the ultrasharp from CC and the cheaper one's from Dell.

Obviously I know it would be ideal to get 3 ultrasharps but budget won't allow. is this a good idea? Horrible? anyone have any better ideas for either the central, or right/left monitors? any and all feedback is appreciated.

vorless

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009

I have this screen, it is beautiful. I use it both for my PC and PS3. HD Quality is top notch.

grither

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
thanks for the suggestion, will seriously consider it. anyone think i'm nuts for getting an ultrasharp for the center screen? should I just get three either lowend dells or the asus recommended?