explorer and control panel

August 17, 2004 1:52:16 AM

I have xp home edition and suddenly I cant use explorer.
When I clik on the Explorer icon the computer locks up.
Opening the task manager reveals that iexplorer.exe is
taking 98% of cpu usage. The system is then very
unresponsive. When I close that program the cpu usage
goes back to 4-8%. I have also found that I cant get into
control panel. Any Ideas????

More about : explorer control panel

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 4:32:16 PM

Duey, time to check for virus, trojans, spyware and adware. You can use
these sites
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://safespy.net/Spyware_Hunter.htm

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

http://spybot-spyware.com/trojan.htm

http://www.spysweeper.com/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

"Duey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have xp home edition and suddenly I cant use explorer.
> When I clik on the Explorer icon the computer locks up.
> Opening the task manager reveals that iexplorer.exe is
> taking 98% of cpu usage. The system is then very
> unresponsive. When I close that program the cpu usage
> goes back to 4-8%. I have also found that I cant get into
> control panel. Any Ideas????
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 10:22:05 PM

I cant get on the internet to download any of these
scanners. I have norton and did a full scan with no virus
found. I am a loss of what to do?
Thanks,

spyware.com/trojan.htm

> http://www.spysweeper.com/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

>"Duey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I have xp home edition and suddenly I cant use
explorer.
>> When I clik on the Explorer icon the computer locks up.
>> Opening the task manager reveals that iexplorer.exe is
>> taking 98% of cpu usage. The system is then very
>> unresponsive. When I close that program the cpu usage
>> goes back to 4-8%. I have also found that I cant get
into
>> control panel. Any Ideas????
>

>.

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 5:57:57 PM

Duey, next startup tap F8 repeatedly until you get a Menu. Select
Safe Mode with Networking and from
there you maybe able to use those websites.

!