Sign in with
Your question

Boot device selection problem- p55a-ud4p

Last response: in Motherboards
March 24, 2010 4:15:09 PM

Hi all, my bios is f6. I was trying to set up xp as a dual boot option last night on my windows 7 64 machine. After the first file loading, xp setup turns off your machine and reboots it. Of course at this point I had to set up the bios to boot from cdrom (first) and harddrive (second). What I expected to happen, was once the message, "press any key to boot from cdrom" was ignored long enough, the boot would proceed on the harddrive, and setup would proceed. Instead, minor visual artifacts appeared in three small places on the screen and the computer froze. Any ideas appreciated. Bob
March 25, 2010 3:40:49 PM

bob5568 said:
Hi all, my bios is f6. I was trying to set up xp as a dual boot option last night on my windows 7 64 machine. After the first file loading, xp setup turns off your machine and reboots it. Of course at this point I had to set up the bios to boot from cdrom (first) and harddrive (second). What I expected to happen, was once the message, "press any key to boot from cdrom" was ignored long enough, the boot would proceed on the harddrive, and setup would proceed. Instead, minor visual artifacts appeared in three small places on the screen and the computer froze. Any ideas appreciated. Bob

Solved....the hard drive was the cause of the hang.
m
l
!