Hi Res vs Lo Res Video

G

I hired a videographer to make a video for me to include on my website. He has completed the video now and told me that I can only have it in low resolution. He says it is not a problem, because that is what people are used to viewing on U-Tube, etc. My webmaster said that we need to receive it in high resolution because the quality will not be as good for people viewing it full screen on their computer monitor. Please let me know who is right!

festerovic

Distinguished
If the videographer was stating that "low res" was all you can get, get the pixel dimensions of the video. If it is 640x480 or 720x480, then that is "standard def" which some people might consider low resolution when compared to HD. Your webmaster might be thinking the video will not be up to that standard, since many "low res" web videos are 240x160, 320x160 , etc. that are significantly less than 640x480. You need to find out the video dimensions from the videographer.

I would agree with your webmaster that anything less than 640x480 will not look that good when viewed full screen