Sign in with
Your question

I have a motherboard problem, I need help. anybody?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
Last response: in Motherboards
March 24, 2010 6:00:24 PM

Hello,

The problem that I am having goes as follow:

when I turn the computer on, nothing comes on the screen. All I get is a black screen. It doesn't even take me to BIOS. I have already check the ram, the video cards, and the hard drive thinking that that might be the problem but I still have a black screen. the computer won't even recognized the mouse or the keyboard. some type of power is going thru the board because there is a green light on. Could it be the Motherboard. I need help.

thank you,:cry: 

Yesenia

More about : motherboard problem

a c 302 V Motherboard
March 24, 2010 6:25:52 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you hear your OS load?. The 1st step will be unplug all the PSU cables and connect it again.
m
l
March 24, 2010 6:33:22 PM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you hear your OS load?. The 1st step will be unplug all the PSU cables and connect it again.

Thank you.

I have already done that. I have checked some components already. I check the Ram, the video cards, the HD and I still have the same problem. Everything turns on when I press the on button, but nothing comes on. I can hear the HD moving but that's pretty much it. I started to think that it might just be the motherboard, because I turn it on without the ram and no beep errors. Also the its not picking up the mouse or the keyboard. :heink: 
m
l
a c 302 V Motherboard
March 24, 2010 6:51:52 PM

What other components do you have installed in the mobo?
m
l
!