Sign in with
Your question

I have a motherboard problem, I need help. anybody?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 24, 2010 6:00:24 PM

Hello,

The problem that I am having goes as follow:

when I turn the computer on, nothing comes on the screen. All I get is a black screen. It doesn't even take me to BIOS. I have already check the ram, the video cards, and the hard drive thinking that that might be the problem but I still have a black screen. the computer won't even recognized the mouse or the keyboard. some type of power is going thru the board because there is a green light on. Could it be the Motherboard. I need help.

thank you,:cry: 

Yesenia

More about : motherboard problem

a c 292 V Motherboard
March 24, 2010 6:25:52 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you hear your OS load?. The 1st step will be unplug all the PSU cables and connect it again.
March 24, 2010 6:33:22 PM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you hear your OS load?. The 1st step will be unplug all the PSU cables and connect it again.

Thank you.

I have already done that. I have checked some components already. I check the Ram, the video cards, the HD and I still have the same problem. Everything turns on when I press the on button, but nothing comes on. I can hear the HD moving but that's pretty much it. I started to think that it might just be the motherboard, because I turn it on without the ram and no beep errors. Also the its not picking up the mouse or the keyboard. :heink: 
a c 292 V Motherboard
March 24, 2010 6:51:52 PM

What other components do you have installed in the mobo?
!