jamespellerano

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I have gone through the checklist and everything was fine. The motherboard light is on when the power supply is on, but when I push the power button, but nothing happens... This is the second power supply I have tried.... This setup used to work on another power supply, but it wasnt enough to support a graphics card and a tv tuner. I have tried turning this on with and without the graphics and tv tuner cards.

ASUS M3A76-CM Motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 7750 2.7
4GB Kingston 1066 DDR2 RAM
Eagle Voltas 550W ATX Power Supply
PNY NVIDIA 8500 GT

Thanks,

James

I know you said you went through the checklist, but so do most people coming here for help. Did you actually perform EVERY step in the checklist? Did your first power supply blow up? If it did, it may have damaged any number of components. It looks like you haven't yet learned the value of a quality PSU since your new Eagle PSU is a piece of junk.

Did you try each stick of RAM by itself in the first RAM slot? Are you absolutely sure all the power connections are securely plugged in, especially the 4-pin CPU power connector at the top edge of the board near the CPU socket?

jamespellerano

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I double checked each of my steps, the first power supply came DOA with the case, it was pretty crappy, so I decided to spend a little more money on the power supply.

I am thinking it is possibly the processor, which in that case, I need a new board and processor because I cant heat up the thermal glue to get the heatsink and fan off.

Is there any way to remove the processor without heating up the thermal glue?

digitalvivo

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
check you switch wires and make sure they are in the proper spot.

I had this happen to me a number of times. Its usually one or the other but mobo and CPU are typically the culprets here if the PSU works on another computer.

If you determine its the CPU the rip it off! who cares its going back anyway.