Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ac 97 audio pin motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 24, 2010 7:38:17 PM

Hello, I have a front panel with 6 channel output usb etc and I wish to connect the audio cable to the motherboard. Unfortunately the the pin titles do not match. The chinese English "instructions" don't help, so if anyone knows haoe to connect the following oins "front L, front R, rear L, Rear R, gnd,center, bass, mic L, mic R." to the standard azalia,or ac 97 motherboard pin connector with 9 pins please let me know. My guess is that we use the azalia format but not sure if I should piggyback the rear channels to the front channels, and where should I put the center and bass plugs?

More about : audio pin motherboard

March 25, 2010 5:45:50 AM

Which motherboard and case do u have?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 5:50:43 AM

robsters2 said:
Hello, I have a front panel with 6 channel output usb etc and I wish to connect the audio cable to the motherboard. Unfortunately the the pin titles do not match. The chinese English "instructions" don't help, so if anyone knows haoe to connect the following oins "front L, front R, rear L, Rear R, gnd,center, bass, mic L, mic R." to the standard azalia,or ac 97 motherboard pin connector with 9 pins please let me know. My guess is that we use the azalia format but not sure if I should piggyback the rear channels to the front channels, and where should I put the center and bass plugs?

Well the AC97 on your motherboard will not support the rear center and sub connections via its pinout on the motherboard and piggybacking it will defeat the purpose of having those connections because you will be sending the same signals to all the speakers so no surround sound. To utilize those connections you will have to get a dedicated sound card for it to work.
m
l
Related resources
March 25, 2010 6:37:15 AM

Aneesh@4GHz said:
Which motherboard and case do u have?

my motherboard has the pin connections as described in the earlier post with 6 channel connections at the rear of the case. I just want to know how to connect the front 5.25 bolt in panel (third party) not case. It has many connections including usb 2 and ieee1394 however the female pins are labelled as described above and the instructions say to connect them to a sound? card
m
l
March 25, 2010 6:41:49 AM

saaiello said:
Well the AC97 on your motherboard will not support the rear center and sub connections via its pinout on the motherboard and piggybacking it will defeat the purpose of having those connections because you will be sending the same signals to all the speakers so no surround sound. To utilize those connections you will have to get a dedicated sound card for it to work.
How about he azalia protocol?
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 7:10:16 AM

You will need a dedicated sound card for both of them. You will only get 2 channel sound off the motherboards pinout.
March 25, 2010 7:18:54 AM

Best answer selected by robsters2.
m
l
March 25, 2010 7:33:52 AM

saaiello said:
You will need a dedicated sound card for both of them. You will only get 2 channel sound off the motherboards pinout.

thank you for this sage help. I guess I will just have to use the rear connections until I source a suitable card
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 7:47:29 AM

To be honest i dont know of many cards that will have the connection you are looking for and the ones that do will cost you way too much.
m
l
July 11, 2010 2:45:48 AM

I have the same problem. The difference is my mob model. It is ASUS P5P800-VM. Can any one suggest suitable PCI 6 channel sound card to support this front panel

Thanks in advance
m
l
!