USB 3 Enclosure not detected in USB 3 Port

moonknight066

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Hello,
I have a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte board, and i am plugging in a Thermaltake Max 5G Sata6/USB 3.0 Enclosure into the rear USB 3.0 ports, and nothing is detected. nothing at all.
If i plug it into the USB 2.0 ports (any), it works great and shows "This device can run faster if plugged into a usb 3 port"
I am using the supplied USB 3 cable that came with the enclosure and a hitachi 2TB sata 6 drive inside.

Solution
This is a bug in the USB core 3-code. USB Driver USB xHCI was the removal of the 3-door, so that he could not detect SuperSpeed ​​devices, so that when the device is connected, has been detected only in high-speed (480Mbps, USB 2 speeds).

aanthonyfranks

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
This is a bug in the USB core 3-code. USB Driver USB xHCI was the removal of the 3-door, so that he could not detect SuperSpeed ​​devices, so that when the device is connected, has been detected only in high-speed (480Mbps, USB 2 speeds).

Solution

moonknight066

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Thank you for an informed reply. Gigabyte is telling me to RMA the enclosure and thermaltake is unresponsive entirely. So replacing the enclosure will not fix it then?

Any ideas on how i could get this working? due to USB 2.0 devices working on the 3.0 ports they refuse to agree that there is a problem with USB 3 devices on the board. my boss won't let me open the USB 3 External HDD we have at work and i am kinda broke so i can't just buy random crap for testing.

TRENDING THREADS