PC P&C 750 enough to power i7 860 & 5850?

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
As it sounds....

I am rather certain I will be buying a ud4p mobo with i7 860 and an ati 5850. I am unsure if I might go for a 5870 or not.

I am an artist, not savvy with electricity, and don't like to dink around with power. When it comes to electricity I feel nervous not standing by companies known for quality. The quality of my power supply is my #1 consideration in a build, and have been no less than delighted with my current PC P&C Silencer 610. I would like to get another PSU from these guys.

They do offer a 750 Silencer at several sites, such as ZZF - but I am having a hard time finding the Silencer 910, and it is also notably more expensive.

Will the 750 do the job?

nocteratus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
PC P&C psu are one of the best psu on the market.

Even a silencer 610 will be able to run a i7 + 5850.

And I'm sure the 610 is strong enough to handle a i7 920 OC + 5870.

A silencer 750 can power 2 4870X2 for a xfire setup...

^5 +1 what the others said.

The PC Power & Cooling 750 is certainly more than enough to handle an Intel Core i7 860 system with two ATI radeon HD 5850 video cards operating in Crossfire mode.

Here are the official power requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5850 and HD 5870 video cards.

ATI Radeon™ HD5850 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

ATI Radeon™ HD5870 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.

500 Watt or greater power supply with two, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The power supply recommendations are for an entire pc system.

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
Thank you very much for the replies everyone.

I am sorry to hear they were purchased, perhaps that is why it is harder to find their PSU's than it was when I bought them last. I do hope they are still top-notch!

But it does make sense now why if you look at gold certified power supplies there are a lot of OCZ.

I highly appreciate the list and link to silentpcreview.

After going through the list and learning what I can I will certainly now consider the Seasonic. I like PSUs I can trust implicitly. And it looks like this company does not subcontract and makes them themselves - that seems about as good as you can get in this day and age.

Thanks again for the replies!