Ping! People with nightlife...

Can you make more than one downtown area per neighbourhood? I know you
can probably only make the main one once, but can you add as many
downtown maps as you want?
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

It's like Uni Gauardian, according to the guide. You associate a
Downtown with a neighborhood.

You can definately add custom downtowns, and I have seen no mention of a
number limit.

MM

> Can you make more than one downtown area per neighbourhood? I know you
> can probably only make the main one once, but can you add as many
> downtown maps as you want?
> --
>

> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
> such perverted things in a children's game!"
> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

I think the answer is yes - You can add the Downtown neighbourhood that
comes with the game or make your own. The chooser screen looks exactly like
the one for University in that there's a big fat plus button sitting there
waiting for you to press it and add a new Downtown area. I tried that bit
and it pulled up the area maps you get from the SC4 terrains folder - so you
can use anything in there I think. I don't know how many you can add - I
couldn't find that bit - but it's only the supplied DT that comes
ready-made. If you add a custom neighbourhood, you have to build it
yourself. The day-night button is fab, occupied houses light up at night,
and there are some new neighbourhood objects which work well - not just the
tower blocks.

The new lot sizes are great - there are a lot. The 2x2 is an ideal size to
build a small residential lot. I can see that I will be using it for most
of my urban type home lots. There's just enough room to fit on a driveway
and garage and a house with a small footprint. The half walls are very
nice. You can have residential lots in the Downtown area. The garages and
drives are really easy to do and look good and there's a choice - they're
not all the same.

So far, I've just had a look at the residential lots and the new objects. I
have to say there are some nice things - a couple of nice new counters, a
wine rack for the wall which I can see will form the base for lots of wall
cabinets once the modders start on them. Modular seating, a
hang-it-on-the-wall telly, pictures, statuary, new lighting, even some nice
walls and floors. So far, I've liked what I've seen. Also the rugs. Some
of the objects are very large - I mean they occupy lots of squares.

A lot of my custom content, notably the hacks, has been turned off but a lot
of stuff survived - all walls and floors and a lot of the recolours. I'll
check out the turned off stuff once I'm happy everything is working well.
The installation was just fine. I've not checked everything yet - it only
came this morning - and I'm only writing now because I've stopped for a cup
of tea. mmm - I've taken some screenies which I can post in binaries. As I
think you don't get Binaries GP, I can post the screenies to you if you're
*really* desperate.

This afternoon, I'm going to have a look at the community lots and then try
out a sim in residence to see what it looks like - you can't see the other
houses in the neighbourhood in build mode as far as I can tell - or maybe
that bit's turned off though I couldn't find the button for it. The new
music is lousy and I've turned it all off already. Oh, and I couldn't find
your vampire lot - I'm wondering if it's an invisible lot like the Secret
Society that you place and then it disappears when you make a new DT
neighbourhood.

Best wishes
maxon

On 14 Sep 2005 06:49:16 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>It's like Uni Gauardian, according to the guide. You associate a
>Downtown with a neighborhood.

Yes, but you can associate a nearly unlimited number. It doesn't have
to be one, or three, or five, it can be ten thousand... so
theoretically you can have as many downtowns as you want.

Assuming you can have multiple ones...
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:50:30 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>You can definately add custom downtowns, and I have seen no mention of a
>number limit.

YAY... then I can afford to "waste" space on scenery.. bridges,
rivers, lakes, mountains etc. hehe cause if I run out of space I can
make more downtowns for people to live in :-D