Hard drives will not be detected in windows

exban224

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I recently moved my pc into a haf 912 plus and replaced the hard drive with a 64gb Crucial M4 and 2 WD Caviar Black HDDs in Raid 0
my mobo is a Gigabyte 870A UD3. My hard drives can be detechded in the Win 7 install when non raided but afterwards will not be detected in raid 0 or non raided in Windows but my M4 is detected as it is drive C.
How do I get windows to detect the HDD's? They show up fine in the BIOS.
Thanks

Windows is probably not seeing your raid. Did you get any drivers with the motherboard for the raid setup? Upon install of Windows it asks if you have any drivers to install and you can do it then.

exban224

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

Windows doesn't even see them without raid!!!
With my old HDD I dual booted with Ubuntu 10.04 and Linux could see all partitions while Windows could only see the windows partition.
I,ve tried plugging them into different ports and reinstalling win7 but no luck. I think it is some thing in windows al other replies I will check in 2 weeks as I have no access to my pc on hols.
PS. linux does it without raid drivers!

exban224

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

Not tried that, you are probably right so will tell you if it is successful in 2 weeks.
PS. would recomend the m4 64gb, £80 off scan and windows boots in 20 secs :D, although if you want space and speed for secondary storage raid 0 is a good idea but a basterd to set up.