Which temp reader to trust, real temp or asus sensor recorder ?

ottesen

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hey guys !

Just put my pc back together, got a faulty mobo when i bought parts. I'm overclocking my 2500k with my new asus saberthoot and i
see a 10* difference between real temp and asus sensor recorder, which should i trust ?

Thanks !

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Download and install hwmonitor and see what it says. It is a great app and is widely used by power users and geeks (like me). Otherwise, I would tend to believe the Asus app (since you have an Asus motherboard) vice the other solution if you don't believe hwmonitor.

Get it here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

When you install hwmonitor, select the "free" option (you'll see what I mean when you install it). Good luck!

ottesen

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks man :)

Hwmonitor says about the same as my "real temp", hw is a bit lower with like 2-4 Celsius. I'm at 66-70 celsius on real temp, 60-65 with hw and a bit lower with "asus sensor recorder". Still a bit uncertain on which is more correct tho, normally i use Real temp which has been the best for me, but now i feel its a bit high. The temps is with 22* in the room, 100% load for the last 30 min with prime and at 4,7ghz @ 1,4v with my 2500k... Hw seems to be most correct now, its not to low or to high on the temps.

Strange thing tho, with load "real temp" shows some celsius higher than HW, but at idle Hw shows a bit higher...lol.

Real temp: Idle now: 29,36,33,29 max temp under prime: 60,67,68,64
Hw: Idle now: 32,37,34,33 max temp under prime: 56,63,64,61

Lol ?