Service, how to set to disallow termination

allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a service that I want to keep the system from
being able to terminate with the windows task manager.

Is there a setting that I can set to disable the ability
to terminate my "Windows Service"?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Allen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a service that I want to keep the system from
> being able to terminate with the windows task manager.
>
> Is there a setting that I can set to disable the ability
> to terminate my "Windows Service"?

You might want to try running it with the SYSTEM account.
Granted, there are still ways of terminating such services, but the casual
user, nor the administrator would be able to terminate it (without special
handling). They'd get "Access denied".

hth

george