Phenom II x4 729 BE overclocking NB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Gladiator

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hey,

I have Phenom II x3 720 Black Edition running with unlocked 4th core on 3.4GHz (200x17@1.5V) in Asus M4A78XTD EVO.
I have some stability issues (BSOD with "clock interrupt secondary processor" error or something like that) from time to time.

NB and HTT are left at deafult ... the question is:
Should I start fooling around with NB to stabilize my overclock or it doesn't matter at all in my case when I'm overclocking using multiplier only?

Solution
Sounds like that 4th core isn't stable. It may help to raise your NB voltage slightly and lower your HT Link speed one step. You could also be over heating. You may have to go back to 3 cores and aim for a higher overclock.

The_Gladiator

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for a quick reply!

How do I indetify which core got unlocked? It was telling me it's in the core #2.

My load temp in Prime95 is ~52C

Hmmm, interesting. I tried that before but no voltage (went up to 1.55V)/multiplier could get me over 3.4GHz - it wouldn't even boot. Maybe here higher NB would help.

I wouldn't know how to tell which core it was, since I haven't done any core unlocking, but if you turn off ACC (which may go by core unlocking in your specific BIOS), and the problem goes away you know the problematic core #2 referred to by the error messages was the core that got disabled. If the problem persists though then that wasn't it :D. I wouldn't go over 1.55v. Also, while 52C is a good temp you can't always trust the reported temps on C2 chips. The problems with the thermal diode were not solved until the C3 chips. You may want to use the old free version of Lavasofts Everest to see if the motherboard reports a different, higher, and probably more accurate temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.