Windows 7 Graphics Scores. Who has the highest?

I just ran the Win 7 Computer Performance test after installing the latest drivers and I still only have a 7.7 with my 2 GPUs(see in sig) I wonder what it takes to get over 8 or 9? Anyone else have higher scores?
10 answers Last reply
More about windows graphics scores highest
  1. Do you mean the WEI (Windows Experience Index)? I think the highest you can get is 7.9 so you're pulling fairly well.
  2. Im assuming its reading only 1 gpu.
  3. I got 7.7 with a single Radeon 5850 running at stock speeds.
  4. You cannot go above 7.9. As mentioned by skoplo. 7.7 is pretty high.

This is what MS says: Windows 7 has added levels 6.0 and 7.0; meaning 7.9 is the maximum score possible

From: http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/01/19/engineering-the-windows-7-windows-experience-index.aspx
  5. The assessment is a crock lol.

I've got 3.8 ghz Q9450 w/ 4 gigs of Ram, 3 285s and 2 raptors in Raid 0 and my HDD is 5.9 (which brings my over all to 5.9)

CPU 7.3
    Ram 7.3
    Aero 7.9
    Video 7.9
    Disk 5.9

FTL

I was thinking of going i7 860 since its price/ performs better than the 920, but the tri channel is just to tempting to pass up.

So will see, seeing as I'm waiting for the 300s for a hopeful price war. :)

Thank god Nvidia chips are gone

RIP Nforce (That'll do pig!)
  6. Yes its not very reliable there was a thread over on teh W7 forum and the numbers just dont make sense considering what cards people were running and what results they were getting.

Mactronix
  7. L1qu1d said:
    The assessment is a crock lol.

I've got 3.8 ghz Q9450 w/ 4 gigs of Ram, 3 285s and 2 raptors in Raid 0 and my HDD is 5.9 (which brings my over all to 5.9)

CPU 7.3
    Ram 7.3
    Aero 7.9
    Video 7.9
    Disk 5.9

FTL

I was thinking of going i7 860 since its price/ performs better than the 920, but the tri channel is just to tempting to pass up.

So will see, seeing as I'm waiting for the 300s for a hopeful price war. :)

Thank god Nvidia chips are gone

RIP Nforce (That'll do pig!)

Yeah its a crock for sure since the thing will cap certain scores based on tech. So a DX9 only card is capped at a 5.9. My systems are all capped at 5.9 on HD, probably because they are not SSD drives and they are capped at 5.9. Strangely a 500GB 7200rpm Seagate Momentus gets a 5.9 in Vista x64 and Windows 7x64, but so does the 7200rpm 2x640GB Raid 0 in my tower. According a WEI a Raid 0 set of Raptors is just as good as a single 7200rpm laptop HD.
  8. I got 7.5 .. thanks to my ssd drive ;-)
  9. Thanks for all the replies. It's sad thet WEI doesn't take multiple GPUs into consideration when calculating the final score.
  10. That hard disk thing does seem messed up. My single WD 500GB scoring the same as RAID drives? Does it even test them? The others I thought were a little better though, but there is definitely some fuzzy math going on for a few of them. But, I forgive them. They gave me plenty of other goodies to play around with, like XP Mode, so I'm happy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Graphics