Performance: Mobile Celeron 1,2Ghz vs Mobile Pentium III-m..

Tags:
  • Mobile
  • Performance
  • Celeron
  • Pentium
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2004 4:47:18 PM

Hello,

can someone tell me how the Mobile Celeron 1,2 Ghz's performance is compared to
the Mobile Pentium III-M 1Ghz? Is the latter faster or slower?

Thanks in advance,
Karl

More about : performance mobile celeron 2ghz mobile pentium iii

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2004 8:38:27 PM

Because of the cache delays and various other performance decreases on the
celeron, the P III-m will probably 'feel' faster under general usage.
Also, doesn't the mobile celeron have less power management stuff like
speedstep? I don't know because I've never owned one. The celeron is
probably faster when it comes to doing calculations, but for general usage,
running programs, the P III-m would probably be more responsive.

"Karl Lauter" <nospam@lauterkarl.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> can someone tell me how the Mobile Celeron 1,2 Ghz's performance is
compared to
> the Mobile Pentium III-M 1Ghz? Is the latter faster or slower?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Karl

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2004 9:45:17 PM

thanks for the info. and yes, the celeron has basically no powermanagement stuff
i.e. speedstep and generally runs hotter, which also meant that in my laptop
(IBM R31) the fan ran a lot of the time, which was very irritating. i thus
bought the mobile p3-m 1ghz and it seems to run just as fast, with no
fan-running under normal usage. i was thinking of buying the 1,13 Ghz, but it
has approx. 1 Watt more heat/power, so i figured that I'd rather go safe in case
the fan wouldnt run less and then I would have probably kicked myself for not
buying the 1 Ghz instead - you know how it goes ;)

!