HT omega striker vs ASUS XONAR DX

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
hi all

i just want to ask u guys which one i s better, for my next upgrade ill need a gd sound card, to go with my razer mako,

i heard they are both very VERY good cards for the prices they offer.

the sound quality would be kind of difficult, to compare, so im aksing for which is better due to the features the cards have.

Rob1170

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

Good question ! Sort of depends on what you're after. The Stryker (C Media 8770 sound chip), is a very nice card, capable of DTS, which the Xonar is only capable of DDL (Dolby Digital Live. However, the Xonar DX uses the C Media 8788 (Oxygen HD) chip, which is one of the best audio chips out there. I do not have any experience with the Stryker, so I can't say too much about it, other than technical comparisons. From personal experience, I would say the Xonar DX. The price is basically the same. I used it (Xonar DX) for a time, & loved the way it sounded! I gave my Xonar DX to my Dad, & he loves it as well! Now, I use the Razer Barracuda AC-1 (same sound chip as the Xonar DX).

Also, the driver support for both cards (Xonar & Stryker) seems to solid at this point.

TRENDING THREADS