System check virus - parts still there

France43

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hi everyone.

Could you please help me for the following: my computer is infected by the System Check virus. (my anti-virus is Antivir). I removed the malware using Roguekiller + Malwarbytes + I restored the access to the files using "Unhide.exe". But I still have a desktop shortcut called "System check" + a "program" in the program list with an unsinstall option. The latest is fake and would start again the malware to spread. I tried various other things among which spyhunter. Does not work. I am still left with these residuals of the malware which, I believe, can restart it. If you have an idea, a solution which works, I would be grateful if you caould let le know. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
France.

Malwarebytes has a very good support team that will work with you to remove infections. But if you want to do it yourself, save what personal files you need, reformat, and reinstall your OS.

France43

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012

Hi Ksiemb !
Thanks for your answer. I really wanted to avoid the hard way... Roguekiller + Malware bytes have suppressed a lot of stuff.
I finally deared to click on "Uninstall" in the System check options, crossing my fingers...and this is an empty box !!! So, Roguekiller and Malwarebytes did the job.

Thanks and have a nice evening (well, it is evening for me, here).

France.