Cheap laptops with good built in graphics cards

G

Hi we are looking for laptops for our sons for school and college, they need to have built in web cams, wifi, and good grfaphics cards for occasional gaming when they dont have the xbox.
Thanks

Hi we are looking for laptops for our sons for school and college, they need to have built in web cams, wifi, and good grfaphics cards for occasional gaming when they dont have the xbox.
Thanks

The two things, Cheap and decent graphics dont co-exist im afraid. if you want to game at all to a decent level on a laptop then you need to spend that bit extra on it.

Mactronix

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
As everything in life we all have different deffinitions of "cheap." For us to really help you will ahve to give us a budget and we can let you know if it is possible to get something that would be alright for light gaming within it. Perhaps even give you some ideas.

I think specifying a budget is your first step. Then finding the best performance you can get for your budget. Unfortunately, to get a laptop to play any modern games with any level of performance, means you're probably spending $1,200 or so.

You have to be very careful when buying laptops these days. I've noticed you can buy some really crappy ones for $1,200 and some really good ones for $800. How all the manufacturers decide how to price models these days really escapes me.

Ultimately, stay away from "Integrated" graphics. Primarily, don't get anything with an Intel graphics accelerator. None of Intel's integrated graphics are worth playing more than Solitaire if you ask me. :)

The Good News: Webcams & Wireless are pretty standard features now days. ;)