Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7

Last response: in Motherboards
March 25, 2010 1:07:40 PM

I using 64 bit processor and silicon power 4 gb(2 chips) ddr3 ram,firstly i install 32 bit windows 7 ultimate,it show my windows rate experience for memory(ram) 7.3,but when i install 64 bit windows 7 ultimate it shows my memory rating 5.9,jesus what hell is this,i know pretty well that 32 bit uses 3 gb ram and 64 bit uses 4 gb ram completely so why my ratings degrade it should enhanced the ratings pls help me.

More about : windows

a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 1:11:29 PM

Ahh but 64bit will have a different grading system since it can handle alot more memory with the 32bit Windows saw you were maxed out so of course its gonna give a high rating now that you went 64bit you right about at average for your ram where as you were above average for 32bit.

Make any sense to you?
m
l
April 4, 2010 7:19:43 AM

saaiello said:
Ahh but 64bit will have a different grading system since it can handle alot more memory with the 32bit Windows saw you were maxed out so of course its gonna give a high rating now that you went 64bit you right about at average for your ram where as you were above average for 32bit.

Make any sense to you?

thanks for ur support i understand.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 17, 2010 4:03:41 PM

Sorry to crash the party, but more RAM should NOT make a difference in the Win7 RAM rating. If you look at the WEI description, it rates "memory operations per second", not how much RAM there is. I would force it to run another evaluation under 64-bit Win7 and see if it still says 5.9. Make sure that there are no other programs running, and you've let it sit for a few minutes since startup. I have noticed that scores can sometimes be erratic from one test to another.
Interesting that you said it went form 7.3 to 5.9. Here's my story: I'm running 2x2GB of DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, timed at 8-8-8-24. When I put my system together, I just used the motherboard's IGP. My RAM was (puzzlingly) rated at 5.9. When I disabled the IGP and installed my dedicated video card, the RAM rating jumped to 7.2! I guess the onboard graphics was taking that much RAM bandwidth.
m
l
!