Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PC Won't Boot

Last response: in Storage
August 13, 2011 2:02:36 AM

Hello.. one day my computer went into hibernation mode(I have Win7 Ultimate x64), and it wouldn't come out, so I restarted it. After it restarted, it gets to the POST screen, but then freezes. I unplugged the hdd I was using at the time, which is this one: , and tried another one I have, and it works fine.

My question pretty much is this: Is something wrong with my hard drive?

More about : boot

Best solution

a c 119 G Storage
August 13, 2011 2:29:10 AM

If you unplugged the hard drive while the computer was still ON (but frozen), it is like a hot swap, and this hard drive is not intended for that. You can try connecting it as an external drive and then salvage your data. After that try an NTFS fomat.
August 13, 2011 2:33:38 AM

Ubrales said:
If you unplugged the hard drive while the computer was still ON (but frozen), it is like a hot swap, and this hard drive is not intended for that. You can try connecting it as an external drive and then salvage your data. After that try an NTFS fomat.

I didn't unplug it when it was on, also, whenever I try to use that hdd, my keyboard doesn't even work.. it won't even let me reset my pc with Ctrl+Alt+Del.. it just sits there.
m
l
Related resources
a c 119 G Storage
August 13, 2011 2:37:14 AM

Try running 'HDTune' on that hard disk.
m
l
August 13, 2011 2:41:33 AM

Don't think I'm going to be able to.. I even tried to plug in a second one to see if it would boot, still won't.. I'm just going to throw it away and get a new one, I think. Thanks for the help :) 
m
l
August 13, 2011 2:41:56 AM

Best answer selected by daemias.
m
l
a c 119 G Storage
August 13, 2011 2:45:44 AM

Thank you!
m
l
!