Prices by Christmas ?

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
hello :D, i was just wondering what are people expecting or heard of the prices of the newly released ati 5*** series at christmas time and will they be cheapest before christmas or after ?

thank you for any replies

No price change... You won't see a change until Nvidia brings out there stuff next year. Plus right now supply is low and demand is high for the 5850/5870. They are getting what they ask right now. Don't expect a print cut for a long time. It Nvidia's stuff beats out the ATI stuff maybe you will see some cuts. However, I am banking on Nvidia to do what they ALWAYS do... Charge TOP dollar. Expect them to charge more than ATI and to outperform them by just a little. So maybe ATI will give a $10-$20 price cut to entice you to buy.

Price Cuts????? No time soon.

After ATI comes out with their 5770 with a 512bit memory interface and charge $200 for it I doubt there's going to be much room to change anything..... like the other men said, next year. Look at the bright side. In 1 years time most of us will be able to afford them...LOL......... 5850X2 baby........ look at Black Friday. 6 or 7 weeks away.

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006

agree. i think when the green team release the new geforce line up you will see a price cut.