Sign in with
Your question

You're Views On The nVidia Ion PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2009 9:07:27 PM

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but its true. Nvidia has done the impossible, in fact they where so successful with the Ion, they are now moving onto making the Ion 2. The Ion fully supports mordern games like, Call of Duty 4 and other similer games.

Video:

More about : views nvidia ion

October 19, 2009 9:11:18 PM

For the Ion 2, they should make several models. For example, if they had made the Ion 2, four times the size of the original, I belive they could fit a decent G92+ core GPU along side a decent Core 2 Duo CPU for max performance out of somthing so small. It should be 100% portable like the Ion, but way smaller then a console to make it more attractive to the average joe.

Just my 2 cents.
October 19, 2009 9:12:09 PM

Jesus, just looking at that thing is incredible. It's smaller then my router!!! :D 

Edit: GOOOOD BYE DESKTOPS! No more "Desk" top.
Related resources
October 19, 2009 9:19:54 PM

im a still surprised we have yet to see more netbooks with a 1280x800 screen with ion. it has taken a while to get to market.
October 19, 2009 10:09:01 PM

Asrock as made the Nettop PC... Man its so lame. The just supersized the thing and did nothing to it. Apart from add a dvd rewriter drive.
October 19, 2009 11:20:42 PM

i know this is not really the target crowd for ion systems but who would buy one?

while the size is amazing, for a htpc i would prob go for an amd system, such as a 785 system. the netbooks have such a small screen that i would never purchase one, and my laptop does everything i need on the move.

i like the product it just does not make sense from a system build perspective. even after all this time. shame.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB...

the zotec ion ITX board is £170, where as a 785 with a 2.9ghz x2 is £115.
!