1) How can i collect hundreads and thousands of desktop logs or missing logs which is not collected by domain controller. Are they any tools ?
2) how do i collect logs when user logs in locally ?
2) find the logfile you want to copy
3) create a folder for it in the shared folder you created earlier named after the log file
befor we automate the scrip lets get it working logon to a pc where the log is saved
4) open up notepad and type in
copy C:\MyLog.log \\my-server\logs\MyLogs\%computername%_MyLog.log
if logs are per user you might want to word it
copy C:\MyLog.log \\my-server\logs\MyLogs\%computername%_%username%_MyLog.log
remember to change the file and server names to mach your own.
what this does is to copy the gog file from one place to the other and rename it to inclued the name of the pc it came from
5)file save as and call the file logcopy.cmd remember the .cmd
6) goto where you saved the file and run it and see if the file is now saved on the server
7) post back with how things went and will take you over the next steps and sort any problems you might be having still