No monitor signal on start up in SLI

hi, i recently upgraded my PC to SLI. I was having trouble with the setup at first, because my motherboard was not recognizing the 2nd card. I decided to go into the bios, and i change the SLI configuration, and everything worked well.

However, since then, whenever i start my PC i get no signal (cant see anything on monitor) until windows starts loading. Once that happens, everything works perfectly. I just cant see the BIOS.

I know this is a SLI problem, since when i remove my 2nd videocard, i can see the BIOS no problem on startup. This problem has persisted in vista and windows 7, although i doubt its a windows problem.

Any help would do please, as I cannot find much online. I feel asthough it isnt a product problem, but something silly in the BIOS, for example a setting.

thanks!

PC SPECS:

Monitor: proview
Videocard: geForce 9800gt SLI
Memory: 6 GB
motherboard: M2N-E sli
Power supply: 700 watts OCZ
10 answers Last reply
More about monitor signal start
  1. Have you tried shutting down and then swapping the (I assume) DVI lead to the secondary card and then booting up?
  2. yes i have. I tried the DVI into all 4 inputs, still no signal.
  3. I'm assuming you have the latest drivers, it's just that the last time this happened to me was back with a 7900GT SLi rig and it was a driver issue.
  4. i do without a doubt for my video cards.

They only thing that might be in question is my motherboard. Ive gone to the nvidia site, and ive tried installing the latest driver. However i remain unconvinced that they have updates my motherboard.

How can i check this?
  5. Nv control panel > system information, will show what chipset drivers you have installed.
  6. hi, thanks for all the replys.

i cant find my system information in the Nvidia control panel.

There arent any options called that
  7. Which OS are you on? W7, Vista or XP?
  8. now, windows 7
  9. I'm not running W7 on my SLi rig so I am using the Vista install for reference :-

Do you not get this after you have installed the nForce 15.51 drivers?
  10. nope. I dont have both the performance and system update tab.

i could try and load vista and check, i think ive seen that before.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia BIOS SLI Monitors Graphics