Folks who have Nightlife....

Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)

Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
frames at all?

Thx.

--
--Cuth

> Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
> time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
>
> Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
> frames at all?
>
> Thx.
>
> --
> --Cuth

I ordered a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO just because I thought Nightlife would be a
good excuse to get it. My 9550 works fine with Uni, but I'm building my own
DVR (digital video recorder) and decided that I should upgrade my video card
for Nightlife, and retire my 9550 to a life to a life of TV in another
computer. The 9550 is more than adequate for regular TV. I use it with my
video editing.

My game should (should) arrive today or tomorrow, and I'll know just how
much a drag on my system it is. My new video card doesn't arrive until
Friday. I may not notice any improvement, but I was going to have to get a
new video card anyway, so I thought it would be a great excuse.

Emily

> Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
> time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
>
> Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
> frames at all?
>
> Thx.
> I don't exactly know what you mean but the game slows down a bit in places
with flashing lights like in discos or where there are many people like
bowling alleys.As for the neighborhood,it doesn't change a thing.
Anyway,just seeing the neighborhood is something in itself...
> --
> --Cuth

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:32:01 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
>frames at all?

Undoubtedly it does, but I don't think the impact is quite so
substantial, maybe if you have REALLY detailed and large number of
lots around it. But you can turn down the neighborhood detail.
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

Bathtub wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
>>time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
>>
>>Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
>>frames at all?
>>
>>Thx.
>>
>>--
>>--Cuth
>

> I ordered a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO just because I thought Nightlife would be a
> good excuse to get it.

Well, that's the card I already have. Good card. But the game is
getting to the point where it can tax even fairly good equipment. At
some point I will upgrade--I can now get a computer that's twice as
powerful as mine for half what I paid three years ago--but don't have
the time or the funds to go serious computer shopping at the moment.

--
--Cuth