Folks who have Nightlife....

Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)

Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
frames at all?

Thx.

--
--Cuth
4 answers Last reply

    > Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
    > time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
    >
    > Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
    > frames at all?
    >
    > Thx.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    I ordered a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO just because I thought Nightlife would be a
    good excuse to get it. My 9550 works fine with Uni, but I'm building my own
    DVR (digital video recorder) and decided that I should upgrade my video card
    for Nightlife, and retire my 9550 to a life to a life of TV in another
    computer. The 9550 is more than adequate for regular TV. I use it with my
    video editing.

    My game should (should) arrive today or tomorrow, and I'll know just how
    much a drag on my system it is. My new video card doesn't arrive until
    Friday. I may not notice any improvement, but I was going to have to get a
    new video card anyway, so I thought it would be a great excuse.

    Emily

    > Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
    > time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
    >
    > Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
    > frames at all?
    >
    > Thx.
    > I don't exactly know what you mean but the game slows down a bit in places
    with flashing lights like in discos or where there are many people like
    bowling alleys.As for the neighborhood,it doesn't change a thing.
    Anyway,just seeing the neighborhood is something in itself...
    > --
    > --Cuth

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:32:01 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
    >frames at all?

    Undoubtedly it does, but I don't think the impact is quite so
    substantial, maybe if you have REALLY detailed and large number of
    lots around it. But you can turn down the neighborhood detail.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    Bathtub wrote:
    > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Tell me, how bad a frame hit do you take? And do you take it all the
    >>time, or just in a flashing disco with thirty sweaty, dancing sims? ;-)
    >>
    >>Does having other bits of the neighborhood outside your house impact
    >>frames at all?
    >>
    >>Thx.
    >>
    >>--
    >>--Cuth
    >

    > I ordered a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO just because I thought Nightlife would be a
    > good excuse to get it.

    Well, that's the card I already have. Good card. But the game is
    getting to the point where it can tax even fairly good equipment. At
    some point I will upgrade--I can now get a computer that's twice as
    powerful as mine for half what I paid three years ago--but don't have
    the time or the funds to go serious computer shopping at the moment.

    --
    --Cuth

Sims Games Video Games