New build, need ideas on som parts

Hi,

I´m in the proces of building a new computer, since my old one can´t keep up anymore. I have had good expirience with an AMD system so far, and the new build will also have to be an AMD system.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next 3 month

BUDGET RANGE: $1200 - $1500

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: photo editing, surfing the internet, gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, DVD burner (NEC), Systemdrive (36,6 GB Raptor)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Normaly use www.edbpriser.dk but it´s in danish so feel free to use newegg

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x1200

So far I have the new Mobo, a Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P

Here is the list of what else I think should go in to this build.

Case: Cooler Master CM 690
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 BE
second harddrive: WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1 TB

I´m not sure about the RAM, but was thinking of getting, Corsair XMS3 DHX 4 x 2 GB

That only leaves a GPU, any suggestions ??? I was thinking of maybe getting an ATI 4890 or NVIDIA 260

Any suggestions and/or change of the above, would be great.

Regards Martin
4 answers Last reply
More about build ideas parts
  1. An ATI 4870 should be able to run most games on high/very high settings at that resolution.

If your planning to add a second graphics card in the future, you might want to bump up the PSU to 750W or if you're sticking to just a single graphics card then a decent 600W will do.

For the HDD, a Samsung Spinpoint would be faster and it's normally cheaper. Don't know how it's priced in Denmark though.
  2. Price on an ATI 4870 and 4890 is allmost the same, would the newer 4890 not be a better choise than 4870 ??
  3. How much is a 4870 and a 4890 in Denmark ? I said that because normally there's like a $40 price difference between the two.
  4. Build, the cheapest 4870 is about 120 euro and the cheapest 4890 is about 155 euro.
    I see your point, think I might just stick with the 4870.
    Thanks

Martin
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems