Sign in with
Your question

Msi

Last response: in Motherboards
March 26, 2010 2:42:03 AM

Is the msi X58 Pro a piece of junk? I'm having nothing but problems. msi doesn't even have test reports up on it.

More about : msi

a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2010 2:43:36 AM

You may just have a bad board. Have you contacted MSI/tried an RMA? What problems are you having, maybe we can help?
March 26, 2010 3:04:41 AM

First I had the X58 Pro-E and it was overheating bad. So the y replaced it, but it turns out it's the ms-7522 now and still very unstable. Heat problem is gone but I can't figure out what else is wrong. Constantly crashing after running fine for the first 6 hours. Cleared CMOS, set optimal, clean install win7. and one by one everything starts to fail. Can't find squat in their site about any compatibility issues or test reports or anything, it's killing me. Already on second board, can't believe two in a row are bad. Just don't know enough about settin it up and can't get any help from msi at all.

msi X58-pro
i7 920 2.67g
6gb ocz (supposedly 1333)
XFX 5770
antec 650watter
antec 900 case
WD 500gbSATA
320gb seagate , both 7200
don't know what else to put on here... + Razer Lycosa & Mamba

any help would probably save my life, or sanity... whichever.

CPU, RAM, Harddrives have all passed numerous tests.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2010 10:20:58 AM

What do you mean by everything starts to fail? Bluescreens? Restarts? Can't see components?
March 27, 2010 3:29:52 AM

EXT64 said:
What do you mean by everything starts to fail? Bluescreens? Restarts? Can't see components?

I replaced it with a GA-X58A-UD3R, and the WD500HD died so I got a 1tb seagate and everything is running great. I will never buy msi again.
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 11:40:50 AM

Well, the Gigabyte is certainly an excellent choice. I have a ton of their boards and have not had an issue with any. I can't temember if I ever bought MSI, I might have for a GPU (4850) but if so it was a reference (and defective).

Glad you got it sorted out.
!