Old Hard drive on new PC

jahn6

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Hey guys I really need some help.
I recently bought a pc off someone , its pretty new only 4 months old.
I pulled a hard drive from my old system and using it now with the new one.
I am experiencing a lot of problems, where computer just freezes and nothing works such as ctr alt del.
Also it restarts byitself although it is like restarting manually where it exits windows properly and restarts the pc
but I am prompted with the options of safe mode and etc.

I have installed the new driver for video card from ati. Could this be a problem because I changed my hardware and using my old hdd with the new system? I am using windows 7 build 7600 32 bit.

My old system was
AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+
Asus M2N MX SE
2 gig ddr2 ram
ati hd 2600 pro
450 Watt

New is ,
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
4gig ddr3 ram
HD 5770 1gig
600 watt

Windows keeps telling me on the bottom right corner icons that I can install driver for my video card, which I have done like thousand times.

Any help would be appreciated!!

I ran into the same problem when I installed a 4870 in one of my systems. It turns out that the system was looking for a supplementary audio driver that sends the audio stream out the HDMI port along with the video. It needed to be installed as a separate operation.

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Did you do a reinstall of your OS? If not, you're lucky it works at all. The problem you are experiencing is likely caused by the conflicting motherboard and various low-level hardware drivers, and unfortunately the only solution is to reinstall your OS. Make sure you back up your data first.

If you did reinstall the OS, then try grabbing the latest drivers from the manufacturer.