trandoanhung1991

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Hi guys.

I've just started to use OCCT to OC my mGPU. It's not a smart thing to do, but I'm bored. Anyways, I noticed that with v4.0, OCCT at the start only stresses my GPU 80%. I know this via MSI Afterburner. Before, it would always be 99%.

In addition, there is this new part called coefs, which sits next to the temps.

I assume that the coefs is the shader complexity, and OCCT 4 by default ramps up slowly, instead of straightaway maxing out?

[strike]Also, I'm running a DX10 capable GPU + Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. I have read the updates and in theory OCCT should be using DX10 for its GPU test. However, MSI Afterburner shows DX9. What gives?[/strike] Scratch that, I'm an idiot. I still wonder about the first part though. Any1?

trandoanhung1991

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

No matter the shader complexity, it'll always be stuck at coefs 2 and 77%-92%. This only happens with Error checking on. I wonder if this is intended behavior or a bug, since at coefs 2, my GPU only musters 7-8 FPS anyway.

I wouldn't worry to much about it aslong as your GPU reaches 99% usage in games then atleast you know the card is fine, and the you can pretty much conclude that its a bug with OCCT or perhaps like you said maybe its mean't to be like this.

trandoanhung1991

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

It seems like it's a bug with 4.0.0. I switched to 4.1.0 betas and my GPU is pushed to the max once again (with DX10!).