Should I buy i5 750 vs Phenom II 945 w same components?

tbowl21

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
First off let me say this is my first ever post. I have a basic knowledge of computers, but just recently started reading more into what makes them work and that kinda thing. I'm in the market of buying a new computer and have done a lot of research involving processors, chip sets, graphics cards the whole nine. I have searhed, Dell, HP, TD, newegg and circuit city. I have come to find that the best system on my budget and what I want to do is this:

HP 9200 X4 PHENOM II 945 3.O 6GB DDR3
640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3
1 GB ATI RAEDON HD 4650
27" FULL HD W PVR TV TUNER AND INTEGRATED STEREO SPEAKERS
HP 9250 ELITE i5 750 2.66 ALL THE OTHER COMPONENTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE Phenom II

I went large on the monitor becuase I plan on using it in the bedroom as our TV. That's why I went with the PVR tuner and stereo speakers. I don't really do any gaming, just poker if that counts! We do however do a lot of downloading of movies and videos of our three young kids. My question is which is the better system? I know from doing my research and reading a lot on here, that it seems basically personal prefrence betweeen these two. Just wanted other people's opinions. By the way the 945 costs 30 dollars more then the i5, so money is a wash....Thanks

Solution

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

For what you are planning on doing, You will not notice the difference between the two. Go with the i5 if its cheaper.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS