Unknown User Account

I discovered an Unknown User Account in the
folder, "ASP.NET Machine A" I have know idea where it came
from if I did not create this User. It's listed as limited
user account.

What Is This?
1 answer Last reply
More about unknown user account

    Hi Nita,

    It's normal. This account is a result of installing the .NET Framework
    update from Microsoft Windows Update / AU.

    "Courtesy of Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]"
    The account is used by .NET Framework enabled applications to run in a lower
    and therefore a more secure context then running under your account (which
    may be an administrator or some other highly privileged account). Removal or
    modification of this account may break any .NET Framework applications.
    (There are already a few out there and significanlty more on their way).

    The .NET Framework provides a new programming model that the developers can
    use to build there applications.
    In simplistic terms think of it like the old choice of do I write my
    application in the Visual Basic or C++ programming languages. One this the
    ..NET Framework allows is for the developer to mix and match programming
    languages in the application. It is too big a subject to answer in full,
    but there are large amounts of detail of what the .NET Framework is and what
    ..NET is in general at
    http://www.microsoft.com/net/basics/
    http://www.microsoft.com/net/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/default.aspx

    So, don't delete the account.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Nita Be" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I discovered an Unknown User Account in the
    folder, "ASP.NET Machine A" I have know idea where it came
    from if I did not create this User. It's listed as limited
    user account.

    What Is This?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP