Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Shutdown Problems

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hey Guys,

I just need some advice please,

I have just upgraded my rig and now have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R with the latest Bios version 6gb of OCZ 1333mhz Triple Channel RAM and have installed Windows 7 x64 and the problem I am having is that when it comes to shutting down, my monitor switches off but my machine stays running? And the only way I can switch off completely is to press and hold the power button, and even after that the number lock key and my mouse stay lit up?!

Can anybody please shed some light on what my problem is please, as I now have my pc the way I want it and this is really frustrating!!!

So any comments/advice as to what I can do would be a much appreciated, I have been told that maybe rolling back the Bios to an earlier version would probably do the trick, but which one? As I have also been told that this is potentially a dangerous thing to do, and having only just upgraded obviously the last thing I want to do is "kill" my new mobo!!

Thanks

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
So can anyone who has read this please offer even the slightest piece of adv as to what I could do?

I now have the rig I want but this last thing is really beginning to annoy me, and for the life of me I cannot figure what is causing the problem?

ANY advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

djc5166

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I might have the same problem, it only shuts down some of the time. Other times I have to shut it down manually, it just stays at the windows is shutting down screen. So far I haven't been able to isolate what the cause of it stalling is.

I have:
GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0) (F11 BIOS)
OCZ Gold Triple Channel (6GB)
Core i7 920 (D0 stepping)
Corsair HX850
Gigabyte GTX470
Creative X-fi Titanium
Windows 7 (x64)

It's not the PSU or the graphics card as I've had different ones in my rig and it still hangs on shutdown. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything, windows doesn't complain about not shutting down properly on booting up again, but it's really annoying.

Also if I let it hang long enough while trying to shutdown, it blue screens to a POWER_STATE_FAILURE error screen. I can't seem to figure out what that means.

graphicsc

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
guys my gigabyte motherboard just turned off suddenly.. . then after i turned on the pc after a second turned off again.. . is it a motherboard problem>?