5870 out of stock all time!

I see a couple in stock here in the US at Newegg, but a couple are out of stock as well. While i am sure the card is selling well, I have a feeling we are still seeing the manufacturing issues/slowness as before. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon, as this is not good for either company or the consumer.

marney_5

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I cant find alot out there! There's barely any on my favourite websites like http://www.ebuyer.com/ or http://www.overclockers.co.uk/. If gamers are buyer these like crazy then they could do the decent thing and put some damn reviews up!!!

Basically, everything I'm hearing is that AMD can't produce the cards quickly enough to meet demand. It looks like a supply problem, and not a demand one though...

Considering the opening NVIDIA gave AMD, you'd think they had sure to have enough stock to take advantage...

witcherx

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yeah. true. big corps are snuffing out the cards out of our reach...

Latest : 5800 availablity compared to similar availability of pigs in tehran.
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16052/1/

LOL!

jennyh

Splendid

And there was no shortage of r700's either. Lets compare evergreen availability to fermi availablity now.

haha, was waiting for you to comment....

Anyways I am not talking about Fermi, you have to agree that AMD's shortage has to do with releasing their 5xxx series so quickly. If they would have waited a month or two this would not be happening.... Not that it affects AMD in any way but just like I said the day of the launch, YOU WILL SEE A FEW ON E-BAY FOR SALE ......

jennyh

Splendid
Also understand that fermi will have these exact same issues. There are limits to how fast chips can be made, and you can be sure that AMD is buying every wafer they can.

Fermi will probably be a lot worse actually, given the size of the chip and yields I would expect no more than a trickle of them at first and continuing issues for weeks afterwards.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the price tag of the GT200 series at launch had something to do with that... 650$ for a card about 10% better than the 9800GX2 (performance at launch).

Think about it...

Yea and the 4870x2 was priced at 550.00$ when it came out as well ;) .. Then the GTX 295 dropped and ATI dropped the price by almost 150.00$

My point is that regardless of the price tags Nvidia had more than enough GPU's for the market. I was one that was making sure of this since I wanted to buy a couple and put them on e-bay... Of course that didnt happen since they were overpriced anyways. It was not like the PS3 and 360 where you could get in line with a couple of buddies and buy several units and later on put them on E-Bay....

At 100$ less and 30+% performance, what is your point?
Also, the longer nVidia takes, the less buyers there are.
I know some people favor certain things, but after all, all cards are made at TSMC, and thats where the supply side has to go thru. Its a new process on more radically changed cards, as said by ATI itslef, tho not as much a chnage as the 19xx series to the 2xxx series. All on a previously troubled process (see 4770), so yes, rushing them out the door to get sales and early entry has caused some slow downs, but preorder now, and youll have one soon. No biggie, and by the time Fermi comes around, all these things will have been worked out even further.
If thats what youre trying to say, I agree, but just because theyre nVidia wont make a 3 billion transistor card on a completely brand new arch come out faster, or in higher supply. Just a few things to think about