Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Urgent Hardware Advise Needed!!!!

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 20, 2009 10:37:36 AM

My System: HP Pavilion p6140in
My System Specs: Core2Duo 2.80Ghz, 4GB DDR2 Ram, 2 DVD Writers, Boston G31 Chipset Motherboard, On-Board Realtek LAN and Sound Card, Hipro 250W power supply.

My Questions: can i run a XFX nVidia 9600GT 1GB DDR3 or a GT220 card on this system properly?

what is the best possible card i can run on this system without causing any problems? should be 1GB, Physx Ready, DX10

please advise. thank you.

More about : urgent hardware advise needed

a b Î Nvidia
October 20, 2009 11:30:20 AM

Yes either of those cards will work fine,if u aren't going to game then those are fine,otherwise take a look @ GTX 260 or GTX 275 if u want to game
m
0
l
October 20, 2009 11:30:21 AM

You'd need a power supply upgrade. I don't know of any possible configuration wherein you could fit the whole system plus a decent discrete card for 250W.

After the PSU upgrade, the 9600GT should be better than the GT220. Or you could also consider the 4670.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 20, 2009 12:30:00 PM

Maziar said:
Yes either of those cards will work fine,if u aren't going to game then those are fine,otherwise take a look @ GTX 260 or GTX 275 if u want to game


so what u're saying is this: they'll run fine without causing problems for my system even at full 3D load...but...i should not expect a really good performance. will these cards harm my PSU or my system?
m
0
l
October 20, 2009 12:37:17 PM

amnotanoobie said:
You'd need a power supply upgrade. I don't know of any possible configuration wherein you could fit the whole system plus a decent discrete card for 250W.

After the PSU upgrade, the 9600GT should be better than the GT220. Or you could also consider the 4670.



but here's what i found in Tomshardware :

GeForce 9600 GT (1024 MB)
31.3(full 2D Load Wattage)
68.4(full 3D Load Wattage)
5.7(Current in Amps)

don't u think my 250W Hipro should be enough then?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 20, 2009 2:24:11 PM

Didn't see your PSU first,i strongly recommend u to upgrade it,take a look at
Corsair 450/520 PSU
m
0
l
October 21, 2009 4:46:21 AM

Maziar said:
Didn't see your PSU first,i strongly recommend u to upgrade it,take a look at
Corsair 450/520 PSU


tell me something : what do u think about the Cooler Master PSU? is it good? besides providing power does it also provide my system with good protection? i was thinking of going in for a Cooler Master 500W PSU? please advise. thank you.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 21, 2009 12:40:30 PM

Yes that's good too but if you give us your budget and where you leave then we can help you more finding a good PSU
m
0
l
October 21, 2009 1:20:52 PM

Maziar said:
Yes that's good too but if you give us your budget and where you leave then we can help you more finding a good PSU


my budget is under 100 USDollars. i live in India.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 22, 2009 8:40:54 AM

For that budget u can go with OCZ GAMEXTREAM 600W or Corsair 550W they are both very good,if they aren't available,then tell us which brands are available
m
0
l
October 23, 2009 5:11:11 AM

we have Cooler Master that's easily available and has better after-sale warranty and service support. corsair is there too...but the local office shut down and moved to another city which makes it very difficult to procure and get warranty. so the only viable option for me is..Cooler Master. is Cooler Master better than Hipro? Does it offer better protection than Hipro?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 23, 2009 7:53:17 AM

Cooler Master powers are good too,which model are you considering ?
m
0
l
October 23, 2009 4:28:25 PM

Maziar said:
Cooler Master powers are good too,which model are you considering ?


i think it is CM500 PLus...Non-Sli PSU...since i'm not going to SLI...i don't think i need a SLI PSU.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 23, 2009 4:40:53 PM

It would be fine for HD 4670,9600GT and GT 220
m
0
l
October 25, 2009 4:19:21 PM

Maziar said:
It would be fine for HD 4670,9600GT and GT 220


will it be able handle XFX nVidia GTS250 1GB DDR3?
m
0
l
October 26, 2009 8:17:59 AM

so...i can run my system(have u seen my system specs) and my XFX nVidia GTS250 1GB DDR3 successfully on a CM500 Plus Cooler Master PSU?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 26, 2009 10:54:09 AM

Yes
m
0
l
October 27, 2009 3:30:02 AM

Maziar said:
Yes


thank u very much for ur timely advice guys.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
October 27, 2009 6:43:50 AM

No problem :)  hope u will enjoy it :) 
m
0
l
November 8, 2009 1:27:44 PM

Maziar said:
No problem :)  hope u will enjoy it :) 

thanx guys. i'm really having fun now. :hello: 
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 8, 2009 4:10:53 PM

Good,glad to hear it :) 
m
0
l
!