Dec 24, 2011
Hey everyone!

I'm running a machine with the following key components:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Arctic freezer 7 rev. 2 cooler
Core i5-2500K
16gb (4x4gb) Corsair LP ram 1600mhz
Corsair GS700 PSU

I think those are the only ones that matter, if any more information about my systerm/setup is needed please ask!

My problem is that my CPU fan is barely ever working.

Upon startup it throws the default 'Hang for f1' error and says 'CPU Fan not working!' or something along those lines.

I can barely get the fan working at all (strangely it seems to only run when put at 30% power and ONLY sometimes!)

I would like to know if there are any tweaks I could use or if anyone has experienced this problem and fixed it too!

The cooler is connected with a 4-pin connector into the CPU_FAN connecter on the mobo.

Thanks for reading!

Quasso

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Does literally nobody have a clue? I would appreciate some help so much. I've searched all over and the things people have said don't seem to help!

Quasso

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
SOLVED!!!!!!

For anyone that's wondering also, this will ALMOST definitely solve any problems you have with this otherwise amazing cooler.

DO NOT EDIT ANY BIOS SETTINGS/CMOS etc. There's no need.

Simply detach the fan from the heatsink (and the connector from the mobo) and then pull the white propeller out. Then click it back in firmly, there's a notch. Once it clicks you'll know. From then on it should work perfectly. Particularly it did with my motherboard. Seems like they don't properly assemble the components always at the end of production.