K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I am looking for a reliable place to buy windows xp. I just need a product key so I can buy the upgrade version of windows 7 professional at the student price, but I don't have windows to upgrade from. This would likely be the cheapest method of upgrade for me. If anyone has any ideas that would help me out that would be great.

Side Note: I just built a computer so I need an OS, and I am hoping I can save a little money/get a better version of Windows 7 over the OEM Home version.

Solution
There is no reliable place I am aware of. I have been careful to keep the original licenses from my past copies of Windows, but if I needed an XP license for an upgrade I would check garage sales around my town and pick up a $25 PC that still had the license sticker on the case.
There is no reliable place I am aware of. I have been careful to keep the original licenses from my past copies of Windows, but if I needed an XP license for an upgrade I would check garage sales around my town and pick up a $25 PC that still had the license sticker on the case.

Solution