New 550Ti cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
hi guys! i was just surfing newegg and the first thing that caught my eye were the vga coolers. i found out that zalman coolers had a lot of good reviews and its good for the aesthetics of the pc too. i own a inno3d GTX 550 Ti and m planning to buy a zalman cooler for it. but are there any? i couldn't find one for the modern cards. and, follow up question, what difference does it make compared to my stock. does it increase wattage requirements of the card? does it increase my chances of doing higher overclocking? any alternatives for the zolman coolers? i need your opinion guys. looking forward to them. thanks. :D

Solution
No sure why you have three threads about the same thing...

I've checked on Zalmans website and cannot find a cooler they sell that is compatible with the GTX 550 Ti...

An alternative is the Accelero XTREME Plus II

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/376/accelero-xtreme-plus-ii.html?c=2182

Make sure the card you buy is reference design! otherwise the cooler may not fit.

You won't see a significant difference in wattage used, the above cooler has three fans so they will consume alittle more wattage but hardly anything (something like 10W total)

You'll always have more of a chance to overclock higher if your card is cooler, so yes a good aftermarket cooler will increase overclocking potential
No sure why you have three threads about the same thing...

I've checked on Zalmans website and cannot find a cooler they sell that is compatible with the GTX 550 Ti...

An alternative is the Accelero XTREME Plus II

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/376/accelero-xtreme-plus-ii.html?c=2182

Make sure the card you buy is reference design! otherwise the cooler may not fit.

You won't see a significant difference in wattage used, the above cooler has three fans so they will consume alittle more wattage but hardly anything (something like 10W total)

You'll always have more of a chance to overclock higher if your card is cooler, so yes a good aftermarket cooler will increase overclocking potential

Solution

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

sorry for the double posts. i thought the other ones weren't posted. i tried to refresh the page to check if they were posted but nothing. so i tried posting again. turned out all three were posted. i deleted the other thread. thanks for the info bout the accelero xtreme plus ii. i've seen this as well. i think it got 4eggs in newegg. i will check this thing out.

As the guy in your other thread mentioned the GTX 550 Ti isnt really a hot running card so you may not need an aftermarket cooler. Although the Accelero XTREME Plus II is very quiet and cools very well.

Yeah read up on some reviews before you buy :)

DeViLzzz2007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
if you were willing to buy aftermarket cooling for this video card for $99 or so you really should have instead looked at buying the 560 Ti card or a 6950 ... much better cards than what you have currently

urgthrash

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

the zalman VF-1000 works on the nvidia 550ti , using it on my card right now , works wonderfully

teeiiss

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Although the Accelero XTREME Plus II is very quiet and cools very well.
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS