Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unknown critical stop sound while browsing certain websites

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 21, 2012 3:18:47 PM

hi everyone,

recently i've been having this weird issue of which whenever i tried browsing certain websites [ for example, blogs hosted at exblog.jp and fc2.com ], my computer suddenly gave out a critical stop sound with no windows indicating what kind of error it was, followed by my internet suddenly being 'disconnected' until next restart.

surprisingly whenever that happened i can only access twitter.com while my internet being completely down on everything else, including windows update etc. not to mention i can ping out as well despite still being 'disconnected'.

btw i'm on win XP sp2
March 21, 2012 3:25:26 PM

yukikaze_p said:
hi everyone,

recently i've been having this weird issue of which whenever i tried browsing certain websites [ for example, blogs hosted at exblog.jp and fc2.com ], my computer suddenly gave out a critical stop sound with no windows indicating what kind of error it was, followed by my internet suddenly being 'disconnected' until next restart.

surprisingly whenever that happened i can only access twitter.com while my internet being completely down on everything else, including windows update etc.

Your computer is infected.
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 3:27:22 PM

i did some scans with bitdefender AV, spybot and malwarebytes but nothing was found though v.v
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 3:49:54 PM

yukikaze_p said:
i did some scans with bitdefender AV, spybot and malwarebytes but nothing was found though v.v

Can't offer further suggestions - don't know how you are connected, wired wireless, router, modem only, so I would look in network connections and review settings, also in router if using one.
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 3:56:16 PM

ah, i forgot to mention those, my bad v.v

my system is connecting directly to a wimax modem through an ethernet cable, and my network adapter is Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. i don't have any other firewalls running except for windows'
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 7:24:13 PM

yukikaze_p said:
ah, i forgot to mention those, my bad v.v

my system is connecting directly to a wimax modem through an ethernet cable, and my network adapter is Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. i don't have any other firewalls running except for windows'


Look for errors in Event Viewer.
Also in Device Manager (Any other devices shown), or error
in Network adapter (expand the adapter) to see all

Might also try your connection to those sites with another browser, or if using IE.....reset it in internet options.

The Window update can be cured by
Start > Run > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

m
0
l
March 22, 2012 9:55:11 AM

checked with both event and device managers, and things seems fine from their end; no errors detected each time the problem occurs.

also, the problem persists with other browsers as well, and now it has spread further that i can no longer google things up without getting disconnected once i hit enter in the address bar.

i've tried browsing in safe mode with networking, and my connection seems fine with no issues however. now i just need to know the exact culprit so i can weed / fix things up
m
0
l
March 22, 2012 10:45:20 AM

yukikaze_p said:
checked with both event and device managers, and things seems fine from their end; no errors detected each time the problem occurs.

also, the problem persists with other browsers as well, and now it has spread further that i can no longer google things up without getting disconnected once i hit enter in the address bar.

i've tried browsing in safe mode with networking, and my connection seems fine with no issues however. now i just need to know the exact culprit so i can weed / fix things up


Repair-install the OS from Windows CD.
m
0
l
!