Unknown critical stop sound while browsing certain websites

yukikaze_p

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
hi everyone,

recently i've been having this weird issue of which whenever i tried browsing certain websites [ for example, blogs hosted at exblog.jp and fc2.com ], my computer suddenly gave out a critical stop sound with no windows indicating what kind of error it was, followed by my internet suddenly being 'disconnected' until next restart.

surprisingly whenever that happened i can only access twitter.com while my internet being completely down on everything else, including windows update etc. not to mention i can ping out as well despite still being 'disconnected'.

btw i'm on win XP sp2

Your computer is infected.

Can't offer further suggestions - don't know how you are connected, wired wireless, router, modem only, so I would look in network connections and review settings, also in router if using one.

yukikaze_p

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
ah, i forgot to mention those, my bad v.v

my system is connecting directly to a wimax modem through an ethernet cable, and my network adapter is Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. i don't have any other firewalls running except for windows'

Look for errors in Event Viewer.
Also in Device Manager (Any other devices shown), or error
in Network adapter (expand the adapter) to see all

Might also try your connection to those sites with another browser, or if using IE.....reset it in internet options.

The Window update can be cured by
Start > Run > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

yukikaze_p

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
checked with both event and device managers, and things seems fine from their end; no errors detected each time the problem occurs.

also, the problem persists with other browsers as well, and now it has spread further that i can no longer google things up without getting disconnected once i hit enter in the address bar.

i've tried browsing in safe mode with networking, and my connection seems fine with no issues however. now i just need to know the exact culprit so i can weed / fix things up

Repair-install the OS from Windows CD.