Sign in with
Your question

Floppy Drive Problem it won\'t read my floppys but my computer finds the drive o

Last response: in Windows XP
March 21, 2012 4:34:04 PM

not XP

i have the external floppy drive connected to my laptop (2007) and it is reading that the drive is in place but only when there is a floppy in it. however when i click on "A" drive it just freezes my library and nothing shows up.
March 21, 2012 7:41:35 PM

howdyitsme said:
not XP

i have the external floppy drive connected to my laptop (2007) and it is reading that the drive is in place but only when there is a floppy in it. however when i click on "A" drive it just freezes my library and nothing shows up.

You start by saying "NOT XP" - What are you saying here ?

Why are you going to A: drive when your Floppy drive was assigned O:
You must have had a problem with A: Drive ?
The USB floppy works a little differently evidently, as it needs media in it to be recognized.
m
l
March 21, 2012 8:10:35 PM

i mean that i don't have XP operating system i have windows 2007. i have old floppies that contain information i need to access so i bought an external floppy reader/drive that attaches via a USB port. my computer recognizes the reader but can't seem to find the files. what do you mean by media to recognize? the files are saved in an older microsoft word format so it should be able to read them or so i had hoped.

m
l
!