What do I make of these temps?

llmercll

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hey everyone I got a new motherboard, cpu and ram today but not sure how to correctly read my temps. phenom x3 720 btw.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1845/tempsquestion.png

I understand what HDD is, and pretty sure core 0,1,2 is my cpu, but then why does everest list it as being hotter on the "cpu" tab?

And what the heck is TMPIN0,1,2 and Aux? Could Aux be the integrated graphics? The motherboard is the northbridge perhaps? Thats running kinda hot no?

ANyway, I'm confused and any help would be appreciated =)

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
your temps are fine don't worry. dont bother with the cpu tab, the cores are more important, although usually the core are higher than the cpu.

motherboard is the northbridge, as u said, and the temp is ok.

There is no standard for sensor registers layout, so the "Aux" temperature could show the temperature of the CPU or the motherboard, or might be a non-connected wire of the sensor chip, and so it could show a bogus value.

llmercll

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Ok thanks for the info. I find it strange that the cores are 10c cooler than the actual cpu most of the time though, wierd.

Any idea if I can tell the temps of my integrated GPU? I've got the radeon HD 3300. Could it be one of the TMPIN?

TRENDING THREADS