jona102190

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Hi!

I currently have a C2Q Q6600 based system that has been giving me nothing but problems (freezing, hard drive errors, etc). I have decided to replace my CPU/RAM/Motherboard, RMA my current one, and try to sell my whole system (I have 2 x 9800gtx's, so I might just put one in, sell it, and use the other one until I find more money). I am looking to pay around $500 (roughly, but south of $600) for it. I would like an SLI capable board, but it is not an absolute requirement. I'm not sure if I can fit a 920 in my budget, but would love to if possible. A 860 or 750 seemed doable relatively easily. Also, an Intel processor would be preferred.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just realized I never said what it was for! I do play games, but am by no means a hardcore gamer (at least not one with a limitless budget!). I don't really do rendering, etc, so the primary use would be gaming.

jona102190

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

Yeah, I wish I had a microcenter near me. :(

jona102190

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

That is one of the things that I seemed to find information for and against, the impact of hyperthreading. Does this impact gaming significantly?

I am assuming based on the price of that board, it would be a decent board to overclock aswell?

I have a few hundred dollar giftcard for Best Buy (from returning stuff), and was planning on buying a corsair h50 heatsink from there.

I am hoping for some decent deals on Newegg tomorrow (the day after xmas).

Thanks!

quattro04

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
Take a look at this. It only benchmarks 2 games but I think it will be similar to other games as well.

I recommended the EVGA because it has 2 PCI-E slots @ x8 and according to user reviews from newegg, it overclocks superbly.

TRENDING THREADS