joebobsteve

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Hi Im new here.

My 4850's fan doesnt change speed even when under load. I was playing Crysis at 83 C and the fan was running at 31% which is how fast it should run when I am on my desktop.

How can I edit my CCC profile or 4850 BIOS so that the fan will adjust itself accordingly to the current temperature? I want to manually input the numbers.

What brand and config (single or dual slot cooler) is your 4850? I usually just set the ones that don't auto adjust to around 50%, but that varies depending on the cooler.

Also, 80C is fine for a 4850. Mine ran fine at 110C (though I changed the cooler soon afterward) but 80-90C is safe for these cards. THe original single slot coolers were designed to run them at 80C almost all of the time.

joebobsteve

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I bought this off Craigslist for $50. The guy said it was brand new. It has no vendor logo, just ATI, even on the fan sticker. It came without a box and no accessories and looked brand new.

I know 80 C is fine for a 4850, but my computer has locked up many times while playing games and exiting games.

Examples:

In Crysis - Changing Gamer to Enthusiast locks my computer and makes it unresponsive.

Sometimes returning to HL2, Source game from desktop and exiting causes screen to go black and computer to be unresponsive.

2 times computer just froze while playing DOD:S.

I experienced no of these problems with my Gtx 295.