mohammad87

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Hello,

I work on a special UPS(with a small battery) that only can hibernate the PC when the power goes out. So I want to turn off some UNNECESSARY hardware while hibernating(like graphic card,case fan and ...) to save energy of battery and to use a smaller battery size.
Can anyone help me to turn off some unnecessary hardware

wpjiscool

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I'm afraid you're not really giving enough detail as to what you want to achieve.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong;
In hibernate mode your computer is FULLY turned off, but all the data about what you are running is saved to your hard disk so that when you press the power button, it gets transferred back to your RAM.

In standby mode, your computer is still on, as the data is kept in your RAM, but all other components are turned off.

So, your graphics card and case fan (I have no idea what you mean by '...', make yourself clear!) will be of in both modes.

What OS are you running? Hibernation is only available in some.

All I can say is I hope this helped!

(Also what has this to do with Abit mobos?)

mohammad87

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
thank you for your massage

I work on a special UPS(with a small battery) that only can hibernate the PC when the power goes out. So I want to turn off some UNNECESSARY hardware while hibernating to save energy of battery and to use a smaller battery size.