Cant load OS to new ssd

dustykibbs

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
My Hp dv7-1261wm the hard drive had iminant failuer due to a impact. I purchased an intel x25 80gb ssd and also purchased the recovery disks from HP for vista home premium. I start the process the recovery formats the drive then goes through the few hours to install and gets all the way to the home screen with shortcuts and start button so on. Then it restarts and I recieve an error Windows could not complete intallation. to install restart the computer. did that get the same result, so i then hit ctl alt del and brought up my task manager and hit new tast and able to get online, also went to my computer and it is showing the hard drive with all the install info from windows. Also waiting to purchase a larger drive for other items. But want to put OS on the SSD. Very confused/?//?
Dustin
dustinbga@gmail.com

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
driver may be an issue, but if SSD shows up in the BIOS, you should be OK as the SSD should show up regardless of the OS (within recent history)
I honestly think the recovery disk is setting up the windows install incorrectly and causing the error and caching the final install portion incorrectly. If you had a OS only disk, it would probably work fine.
if it is taking you hours to install OS on a SSD, there is something wrong, took all of 10 minutes to do on my PC
Also, please make sure that you only have the SSD installed as that can cause errors with Windows if more than 1 HD installed at time of OS install

TRENDING THREADS